LinkedIn Stories is a new feature that allows you to share images and short videos that last for 24 hours – yes, just like Instagram Stories. Only your connections and followers can see your stories and engage with them, and only first-degree connections can make comments.
A few other tips:
· You can only post a Story from the LinkedIn mobile app – make sure you have the most recent version. If not, go to the app and click “update”
· Open your LinkedIn app and touch the circle with your photo and a plus sign to open the camera. Here, you can: record a video, take a photo, or upload a video.
· The maximum length of a Story is 20 seconds
· Once you’ve created your LinkedIn Story, you can mix it up with text, hashtags, stickers, and more via the edit buttons (mention users with @)
What sort of content works best for LinkedIn Stories? According to LinkedIn, these are the golden (simple) rules:
· Things you do at work
· Things relevant to your work
· Things you do around work
And don’t forget to keep it pro! You can still be authentic, inspiring, and entertaining while maintaining your professional self.